FORUM MAIN

KHÓA TU HỌC PHẬT PHÁP - ÚC CHÂU forum.
 
HomeHome  Portal pg. 1Portal pg. 1  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Get ppl back
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:39 am by jimmy

» this forum is like dead?
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm by kentrinh

» funny pics
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:26 pm by kentrinh

» Who are you??
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:10 pm by Kathy Tran

» WHOS GOING TO KTHPP IX
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:41 pm by jimmy

» Happy Birthday
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:26 pm by jimmy

» Happy Birthday Kieu and Hien
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:25 pm by jimmy

» EARTHQUAKE
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:15 pm by Tran Da Man

» FORUM MAKEOVER
ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:14 pm by Tran Da Man

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed May 15, 2019 3:58 pm
Poll

Share
 

 ANOTHER QUESTION

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julie Tran



Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-19

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Do monks eat garlic?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimmy

jimmy

Number of posts : 145
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne
Registration date : 2009-01-13

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Julie Tran wrote:
Do monks eat garlic?!?!?!?!?

no idea scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tran Da Man
Admin
Tran Da Man

Number of posts : 135
Location : Melb.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Well, yes they can eat garlic but it is not recommended or preferred that they don't eat garlic.
This also applies to onion, spring onion etc...

Us being a Phật Tử, should know this when cooking for the monks. There's no rules saying that they are not allowed to eat them but most or usually phật tử that does the cooking will not include them into the food.

I know the reason why but it's a bit tricky for me to explain, I'll just briefly tell you why. It's because garlic, onion, spring onion etc. contains this substance that stimulates your body in a specific way that should be avoided especially for monks.

But some phật tử, even though being an adult doesn't know this and will include garlic and the likes into Thay's food and Thay being compassionate will still eat it to keep the phật tử happy even though they know it's best not to eat it.

You can go and ask the people that do the cooking in temples and ask them, usually the old ladies. heheheh
They will tell you it's not good for the monks.

So in conclusion, us being a phật tử we should help the monks tử by making food with appropriate ingredients.

Hope that clears up your curiosity. If further explaining is needed ask. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kthpp.forumotion.com
jimmy

jimmy

Number of posts : 145
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne
Registration date : 2009-01-13

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:16 pm

Tran Da Man wrote:
It's because garlic, onion, spring onion etc. contains this substance that stimulates your body in a specific way that should be avoided especially for monks.


huh?
in what way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tran Da Man
Admin
Tran Da Man

Number of posts : 135
Location : Melb.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Well, I'm not sure if i'm the right person to explain in depth. LOL
I'll think of a way to explain later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kthpp.forumotion.com
jimmy

jimmy

Number of posts : 145
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne
Registration date : 2009-01-13

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Tran Da Man wrote:
Well, I'm not sure if i'm the right person to explain in depth. LOL
I'll think of a way to explain later.

kk leave this one for thay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tran Da Man
Admin
Tran Da Man

Number of posts : 135
Location : Melb.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:38 pm

jimmy wrote:
kk leave this one for thay?
Well yeh until i can think of how to word it. study
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kthpp.forumotion.com
boybluu

boybluu

Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : NSW, cambelltown
Registration date : 2009-01-15

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 4:33 pm

isnt it like well i heard from my nun that monks and nuns they don't eat garlic, onions etc. because it would increase their hormones or increase their sexual desire????

LOL Very Happy Sleep

because garlic has this substance in it that raises their hormone levels. thats what the nun told me. santa rendeer farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tran Da Man
Admin
Tran Da Man

Number of posts : 135
Location : Melb.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:07 am

boybluu wrote:
isnt it like well i heard from my nun that monks and nuns they don't eat garlic, onions etc. because it would increase their hormones or increase their sexual desire????

LOL Very Happy Sleep

because garlic has this substance in it that raises their hormone levels. thats what the nun told me. santa rendeer farao
Ya spot on! Therefore those kind of ingredients should be avoided from the monks food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kthpp.forumotion.com
jimmy

jimmy

Number of posts : 145
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne
Registration date : 2009-01-13

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:56 am

Tran Da Man wrote:
boybluu wrote:
isnt it like well i heard from my nun that monks and nuns they don't eat garlic, onions etc. because it would increase their hormones or increase their sexual desire????

LOL Very Happy Sleep

because garlic has this substance in it that raises their hormone levels. thats what the nun told me. santa rendeer farao
Ya spot on! Therefore those kind of ingredients should be avoided from the monks food.

huy u couldve just said that before =.=
although i had a suspicion that it was that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoanguyen

hoanguyen

Number of posts : 6
Age : 25
Location : adelaidian
Registration date : 2009-01-13

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:28 pm

i guess that means no pasta or italian food for thems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tran Da Man
Admin
Tran Da Man

Number of posts : 135
Location : Melb.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:16 pm

jimmy wrote:
huy u couldve just said that before =.=
although i had a suspicion that it was that
Well i didn't know if it was appropriate or not! But now i know it is. Razz

hoanguyen wrote:
i guess that means no pasta or italian food for thems
Actually you can make pretty much any vegetarian food without garlic, onion... etc Just don't put those in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kthpp.forumotion.com
jimmy

jimmy

Number of posts : 145
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne
Registration date : 2009-01-13

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:19 pm

Tran Da Man wrote:
jimmy wrote:
huy u couldve just said that before =.=
although i had a suspicion that it was that
Well i didn't know if it was appropriate or not! But now i know it is. Razz

watever you say
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boybluu

boybluu

Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : NSW, cambelltown
Registration date : 2009-01-15

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 pm

LOL Razz

i was sitting on my chair for about 10 minutes thinking if i should post this answer or not LOL I love you

but yer....hehehehe cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julie Tran



Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-19

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Thanks for the answer guys!
that's interesting, i wonder what the substance is...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boybluu

boybluu

Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : NSW, cambelltown
Registration date : 2009-01-15

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:21 pm

LOL me too lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tran Da Man
Admin
Tran Da Man

Number of posts : 135
Location : Melb.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:24 pm

well, i'm not exactly sure what the substance is. Now that you guys mentioned it, i'm curious as well. hahha I might google it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kthpp.forumotion.com
boybluu

boybluu

Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : NSW, cambelltown
Registration date : 2009-01-15

ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:37 pm

lol!

"google it" sorry that just sounds funny "google it"

i donno why im just being random i guess, i just laugh at anything that i thnk is funny *grins* Laughing Surprised Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




ANOTHER QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER QUESTION   ANOTHER QUESTION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
ANOTHER QUESTION
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» SEBI QUESTION AND ANSWERS
» Contractors question bidding for Marikina P63-M garbage deal
» Masterchef/ Chefs in general- Question
» Some Questions relating to Palmistry.
» Got a question on the Tooth fairy?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FORUM MAIN :: BUDDHISM :: Buddhism questions.-
Jump to: